Useful Info for Tenants


Hanging Pictures

You need to obtain written permission from the landlord to hang pictures on the walls or make any other changes to the unit.  See us for more information.


The owner’s insurance will generally not cover a tenant’s personal belongings, and therefore tenants are strongly encouraged to insure their own property.

Moving Out

A minimum of two (2) weeks notice in writing is generally required to vacate a property.  If you end your lease before it expires or give notice incorrectly, compensation to the landlord might be required for additional rent and break lease fees.  Contact us as soon as possible to minimise any issues.

Complaint Process

Tenants have a right to the quiet enjoyment of their rented property and to be treated with respect at all times.  If there’s any problem that we have not resolved to your satisfaction, please advise us in writing and we will respond within 7 days (generally sooner).

Tradespeople Directory

The following companies are authorised to work on Your Local Realty properties.  Maintenance issues must first be reported to Your Local Realty.
  • Electrician - Mr A Electrics, 07 5428 3055 (
  • Plumber - TBA
  • Locksmith - TBA
  • Cleaning - TBA
  • Pest Control - TBA
  • Lawn & Garden Maintenance - Garden of Edan, TBA

Useful Resources from the Residential Tenancy Authority (RTA)